Monday, November 12, 2012

The Shiny!

Hi there!

  I'm Syd.  Some of you may know me from other parts of the internet.  I'm a music and fine art photographer, and the owner of Visible Sin Photography and Sydney Frames Photography.  As of October 1, 2012, I'm almost entirely vegan (no meat...using up the last bits of Morningstar bacon, though).  As a result of THAT, I dove headfirst into the wide world o' vegan cooking.

I *LOVE* it!!!

I always wanted to cook before, but I usually found myself without eggs, milk, and meat in the fridge.  They went bad before I used them, or I'd be terrified that I'd undercook chicken and die.

That led to a good long stretch of Sonic.  Daily.  Jr. burger and tots almost every day (sometimes twice), for at least two years.  Not even joking.

A good friend of mine went vegan in 2008, lost weight, changed her life, and just rocks in general.  That led another friend of mine to head down the same path.  Hmmm.  I started flirting with it when I was grocery shopping.  I was still going to Sonic every day, but wasn't really buying meat-type stuff for the house.  I switched to coconut (and almond) milk.  SO MUCH BETTER!  I was never really a fan of moo milk, so that one was easy.

October 1st was World Vegetarian Day, and there was a graphic floating around Facebook, asking people to pledge to give up meat for a day, a week, or a month.  I didn't know if I could do a month, so I said I'd do it for a week.  I haven't looked back!  I hit up the library and got a lot of cookbooks, and bought a couple to keep.  My favorite is Cookin' Crunk: Eating Vegan in the Dirty South.

I cook all the time now, and I've been posting so many photos to Facebook, some friends recommended I start a blog, so... Here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment